Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Day 1, Activity 1/2/3, Winter Learning Journey.

08.07.17 - Day 1
Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.
Three interesting facts about New Zealand:
  1. Bungy jumping was invented in New Zealand.
  2. The first man to climb Mt Everest, Sir Edmund Hillary, was a Kiwi.
  3. The kea bird native to NZ, is known for pulling windscreen wipers off cars and eating the strips of rubber from windows.


Activity 2: Your tour of New Zealand is going to start right here in Auckland. Watch the Tourist video for Auckland to learn about the awesome things that you can see and do in the city. Once you’ve finished, choose your favourite five activities from the video and list them on your blog.

My five favourite activities:
1. The Zoo -

Here you have the chance to meet as many animals as you want.

2. Rainbows End -


Rainbows End is a famous ride park area. It's located in Manukau. Rainbows End includes the main theme park and also Kidz Kingdom.


3. Sky tower -


The sky tower is the tallest building in Auckland. It goes to 328 meters. It's a fascinating place to book and a place to rest from your tiring life.


4. Auckland War Memorial Museum -


At the Auckland War Memorial Museum is where a lot of treasures and objects from many years ago. It's a world of New Zealand history.


5. Piha beach -


Piha beach literally has black sand. Yes it may be dangerous, but Piha beach is one of the famous beaches in Auckland.


Bonus Activity:
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog. Here is an example:
Source: http://flag-designer.appspot.com
To earn full points you must describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Please tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.   
My Flag:
On my flag, has two kiwi’s, and two hearts. The hearts represent how kind hearted we are. The kiwi’s represent our country and what we are.




15 comments:

  1. I really love how you put the hearts and the kiwis on great work.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telesia! I like it how you out blue,red and kiwis and you know what I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne! Good luck with your journey.

      Delete
    2. sia I like the way you made up the story it is very in interesting

      Delete
  3. Sia,

    Your fact about the kea bird is so interesting. When I went skiing there were some naughty Kea birds doing exactly what you were describing.
    The museum is also one my favourite places to visit. I love seeing all the old things from the past.
    I really like your flag and how you connected the warmth of New Zealanders by showing hearts on your flag.

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mrs Middleton! And Yes, I made my flag in a google drawing doc because there weren't any icons the site they gave us to use.

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Telesia and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am so excited that you have joined us this year!

    It's wonderful to see all of the activity on your blog site. You have received so many great comments from students and from Mrs Middleton. Way to go!

    Like everyone else, I am really impressed with your blog post. You have completed each of the three activities to a really high standard. I particularly like the flag that you created using Google Drawing. I have suggested to other students that they also use Google Drawing so that they can include icons. In your flag, my favourite icons are the hearts. I agree with you that New Zealanders are very kindhearted people. I think that we're so lucky to live here and to spend our time among such generous people.

    I hope that you'll continue to post such interesting and informative blogs. You are setting such a great example for everyone.

    Keep it up!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your flag Sia and your idea's with your blogging keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Opeti! Hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  6. Hi sia,
    That flag looks amazing I like how you used the hearts and kiwi's to represent New Zealand.

    Great Work
    Have a Great Holiday

    ReplyDelete