Pages

Friday 7 July 2017

Tennis Recount.

On a strange and cloudy morning, Room 5 had tennis. Tennis is a kiwisport we have at school, it takes place in our tennis courts, and is always on a tuesday.

The first instruction we were told was to stretch before the day starts. Next, we rushed to grab a tennis ball and racket. We all then stood on the yellow line listening to what we were going to do.

“Okay! Good Morning everyone!” Coach Campbell exclaimed. “Today, we’re going to take a minute to do a little flash back and picture what we’ve done for the past few weeks! Then we’re gonna gather all that information, and do it in action!” All at once, everyone rushed to the bag of rackets, grabbed one each, grabbed a ball and left it as in a state of a jungle! Before we started we had to get into a group of 6.

We all went to the empty and widest court on the far end. Victoria (teammate), Akesa (teammate), and I myself went to the losing side. Fiapo (teammate), Patience (teammate), Dianne (teammate), went to the winner’s side.

This is how the game was played. So the game has to have six players. Three players each have to go on one side. The side on the left is the losing team and the side on the right is the winning team. When you look at the winning side, there has to be two players in the front and on player a the back in the middle. When you look at the losing side, there are three players in line. The person in the front has to serve and if one of the players on the other side hits it, the person that served it has to try run for the ball and play them theirself.

I was the first player to serve. So I stood on the white curved line, but before I served the ball, I told the players behind me to move back incase I hit them and they moved back. Once again, I was in position, ready to serve the ball…. I gently threw the ball in the air and whacked it with all my strength, and I gently tensed my fingers together hoping it would’ve bounced back. It suddenly bounced back and I ran to forward and whacked the ball too much of my strength it went over the line.
I slowly walked to the back of the line, looked like the hunchback, and a little frown met my face but I kept myself joyful and noticed that it was the last day of tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment